Monday after 6PM
Tues/Thurs after 5PM
Wednesday at any time
Friday after 2PM
Up to 5 minutes away for no additional charge
Education• Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Mathematics with several courses in Statistics
• Worked in University Math/Statistics tutoring lab during all of college and graduate school. Have tutored consistently since graduation.
• Earned perfect 800 score on Math Section of GRE
• Summit Country Day High School graduate, earning college credit from AP Calculus and AP Statistics, senior award from math department
• Scholarships, honors programs and high GPA throughout all schooling
Experience• 6 years experience as College Math and Statistics Instructor & have taught about 110 classes.
• Private & College Tutor since 2004
• More than 3000 hours spent tutoring.
• Have tutored at least 50 hours in each subject listed.
• Expert User of MyMathLab, MyStatLab, WebAssign, WileyPlus, and BlackBoard websites, and online technology in general.
• Graphing Calculator Whiz (TI-83+, TI-84, TI-89 et. al)
• Constantly adapting my technical skills and ability to research as well as relay content to students.
• Patient, Tolerant and Motivational Tutor.
• Operational knowledge of working with diverse groups of students.
• Keen ability to learn and apply instructional proces
• Featured Tutorz and Thumbtack Tutor (but don't contact me there-- they pay me to claim your lead)
• Featured tutor at care.com with a clean background check. (Contact me here or there or on Craigslist, take your pick!)
Tutoring Prices: Pricing is subject to change based on my availability. Please call/email for most up-to-date rates. Most recent update made on August 29, 2016. I prefer for students to travel to my best location, which is Oxford any day or Cincinnati during the weekend. Payment may be made per appointment, or several hours may be bought at once at a discount and applied over multiple sessions. Typical appointment length is 1-2 hours. Per appointment $80 per hour. Blocks of hours: 4 hours for $300, 8 hours for $500, 12 hours for $700. Best locations in Oxford are Miami University Best Library or nearby academic building; off campus at McDonald's, Bob Evans or other public location with easy parking. Weekend tutoring is possible in Cincinnati near UC, Xavier or Hyde Park. Other locations are subject to round trip travel time from zip code 45056 to be included in determining the total cost. Discounts possible for difficult subject matter which I have limited experience tutoring, or tutoring in groups. I may match the rate of a worthy competitor with similar qualifications. Please give me feedback on my advertised rates. If you offer me more I will clear my schedule to meet with you.
Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy: Please give as much cancellation notice as possible, at least one day in advance (24 hours)
Same day appointment cancellation (1-24 hours) will be charged for one hour unless an alternate agreeable arrangement can be made.
No-shows or cancellation less than 1 hour before start time will be charged for the full scheduled amount of time.
Discount Possible: Please contact me no matter what, even if you are considering a tutor who asks for a lower fee. I may accept lower bids based on my availability, difficult subject matter for which I have limited tutoring experience, or meeting me in groups. Please give me feedback about my advertised rate. I will consider matching the rate of a worthy competitor.
HobbiesNumber games, Board games, card games, puzzles, harmonic music, biking and recreational sports
I'm other places on the web too: Check out my Facebook page for tutoring: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ralph-Stikeleathers-Math-and-Statistics-Tutoring/119584974585 Or you can message me and check out a picture of me with my arm around your best friend's sister at http://www.facebook.com/rsmath
"He's worth 10x as much as any other tutor on this site, and he's really tall!
Statistics, Biostatistics, ACT Math, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Algebra 3/4, Trigonometry, OAT Quantitative Reasoning, Arithmetic, Differential Equations, Applied Mathematics, AP Calculus AB, Calculus 1, Calculus 2, Calculus 3, CLEP Calculus, GMAT Quantitative, Intermediate Algebra, 3rd Grade math, 2nd Grade math, 1st Grade math, 10th Grade math, 11th Grade math, 12th Grade math, 4th Grade math, 5th Grade math, 6th Grade math, 7th Grade math, 8th Grade math, 9th Grade math, ACCUPLACER Arithmetic, ACCUPLACER College-Level Math, ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra, CLEP Precalculus, Multivariable Calculus, Pre-Calculus, Math, ASPIRE Math, CAHSEE Mathematics, Competition Math, HSPT Math, IB Mathematical Studies SL, IB Mathematics HL, IB Mathematics SL, CLEP College Algebra, College Algebra, Developmental Algebra, Elementary Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Linear Algebra, Pre-Algebra, Middle School Math, PSAT Mathematics, Geometry, AP Statistics, Business Statistics, Statistics Graduate Level, CLEP College Mathematics, COMPASS Mathematics, Elementary Math, Finite Mathematics, GRE Subject Test in Mathematics, IB Further Mathematics HL, Math, SAT Mathematics, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 1, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 2, SAT Math, AP Calculus BC
Client Reviews (5)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.