Education• Taught 30 sections of Miami's Statistics (STA 261) between 2016-2018. Co-authored Course Pack (I am R.W. Stikeleather)
• Taught Business Stats, Intro Stats, Calculus 1-3, Precalculus, Statistics with Calculus at multiple colleges and universities
• Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Mathematics, with several graduate-level courses in Statistics
• Worked in University Math/Statistics tutoring lab during all of college and graduate school. Have tutored consistently since graduation.
• Earned perfect 800 score on Math Section of GRE and nearly perfect on ACT/SAT.
• Summit Country Day High School graduate, earning college credit from AP Calculus and AP Statistics, senior award from math department
• Scholarships, honors programs and high GPA throughout all schooling
Experience• 8 years experience as College Math and Statistics Instructor & have taught about 120 classes.
• Private & College Tutor since 2004
• More than 3500 hours spent tutoring.
• Have tutored at least 50 hours in each subject listed.
• Have taught 30 sections of Miami University's STA 261 (Intro Stats) between 2016-18. Familiar with all course assessments/assignments that were used. Can give detailed advice about how these items are graded.
• Have tutored multiple students in STA 261 (Intro Stats), STA 125 and ISA 201 (Business Stats), STA 301 (Statistics with Calculus), MTH 125 (Precalculus), MTH 151 (Calculus 1), MTH 251 (Calculus 2)
• Expert User of MyStatLab, StatCrunch, StatKey, JMP, MyMathLab, WebAssign, WileyPlus, Canvas, and BlackBoard websites, and online technology in general.
• Graphing Calculator Whiz (TI-83+, TI-84, TI-89 et. al)
• Have taught College Algebra, Precalculus, Intro Stats, Business Stats, Probability & Stats and Finite Math at Northern Kentucky University (NKU) and University of Cincinnati (UC)
• Constantly adapting my technical skills and ability to research as well as relay content to students.
• Patient, Tolerant and Motivational Tutor.
• Operational knowledge of working with diverse groups of students.
• Keen ability to learn and apply instructional process
• Featured Tutorz and Thumbtack Tutor (but don't contact me there-- they pay me to claim your lead)
• Featured tutor at care.com with a clean background check. (Contact me here or there or on Craigslist, take your pick!)
Tutoring Prices: Pricing is negotiable and subject to change based on my availability. Please call/email for most up-to-date rates. Most recent update made on August 10, 2018. I prefer for students to travel to my best location, which is in Oxford or Cincinnati depending on the day. However, I can also drive to meet at other locations. Payment may be made per appointment, or several hours may be bought at once at a discount and applied over multiple sessions. Typical appointment length is 1-2 hours. Guaranteed rates: Per appointment $80 per hour. Blocks of hours: 4 hours for $300, 8 hours for $500, 12 hours for $700. Best locations in Oxford are Miami University on-campus at any room you reserve, such as B.E.S.T. Library, any open classroom, dining hall or common room in a residence hall; off campus at McDonald's, Bob Evans or other public location with easy parking. Preferred tutoring locations in greater Cincinnati are near UC Blue Ash, UC Main Campus, Xavier, NKU, or Hyde Park. Other locations are subject to round trip travel time from zip code 45220 to be included in determining the total cost. Lower rates possible for difficult subject matter which I have limited experience tutoring, or tutoring in groups. I may match the rate of a worthy competitor with similar qualifications. Please give me feedback on my advertised rates or propose alternative payment plan that works for you. If you offer me more I will clear my schedule to meet with you.
Have taught 30 sections of Miami University's STA 261 (Intro Stats) between 2016-18. Familiar with all course assessments/assignments that were used. Can give detailed advice about how these items are graded.
Discount Possible: Please contact me no matter what, even if you are considering a tutor who asks for a lower fee. I may accept lower bids based on my availability, difficult subject matter for which I have limited tutoring experience, or meeting me in groups. Please give me feedback about my advertised rate. I will consider matching the rate of a worthy competitor.
Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy: Please give as much cancellation notice as possible, at least one day in advance (24 hours)
Same day appointment cancellation (1-24 hours) will be charged for one hour unless an alternate agreeable arrangement can be made.
No-shows or cancellation less than 1 hour before start time will be charged for the full scheduled amount of time.
HobbiesNumber games, Board games, card games, puzzles, harmonic music, biking and recreational sports
I'm other places on the web too: Check out my Facebook page for tutoring: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ralph-Stikeleathers-Math-and-Statistics-Tutoring/119584974585 Or you can message me and check out a picture of me with my arm around your best friend's sister at http://www.facebook.com/rsmath
"He's worth 10x as much as any other tutor on this site, and he's really tall!
Client Reviews (5)
Ralph tutored me in Calculus 2 and was an immense help. He helped me understand the basic concepts and worked with me on how to apply the concepts to my homework and test problems. On top of that he was flexible with meeting times and places. I would recommend him to anyone looking for help with any sort of math.
Ralph has been working with me in Differential Equations and is extremely helpful. I would recommend him as a tutor to any college student who needs help with their mathematics. He seems to have an overall great understanding of all principles found in math. Also, a nice guy who keeps the sessions fun.
I learned a lot about statistics from Ralph. He is a very smart person and was great to work with. I highly recommend this tutor.
The session was okay, but I found that this tutor was so advanced that he couldn't really dumb the material down a bit so that I could understand it. It was still helpful anyway.
I've worked wit Ralph for more than a week now so I can pass the math section of the GED. He knows his math and has put real confidence into me. I'll be taking it again in the next couple weeks. I may not pass this time but I know Ima do better. Need help with my GED, adult, anytime ok during the day, Hyde Park or surroundings ok
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.